Sunday, October 17, 2010

letter to Cline

                        October 17, 2010

Mrs. Cline,
English has always been one of my favorite subjects. I enjoy the process of either reading or learning something new and writing about it. English 102 has been somewhat new for me because literary analysis is not really something I am used to. My past classes have focused more on picking and choosing a subject of my choice and giving my opinion about that subject. Summary is pretty easy for me but analysis is a little more difficult. I have a hard time staying on the point of the book and not bringing up other subjects that could relate.
This semester while reading stories from different authors about war has been a new experience for me. I have never been interested in learning about the war or past wars. I feel that I have a new appreciation for the veterans.
In this class I feel I have gained a better sense of knowledge of the emotions of the war.  During the rest of this semester I hope to be able to write in analysis better. I already have a better sense of what analysis is, I just hope to be able to incorporate this knowledge in my essay.
                                                                                                Sincerely,
                                                                                                Roxanne Rentschler

No comments:

Post a Comment